Saturday, November 17, 2007

Personal Finance Tip - Sell your extra stuff on-line

“One person’s trash is another person’s treasure”…..

I am not calling your extra stuff trash, but I do think that keeping everything you own forever is a little excessive. A great way that I like to create extra dollars for my savings account is to sell my stuff online. This may seem somewhat obvious to many folks, but it does take some discipline and energy to follow through.

As each day goes by, it gets easier and easier to sell your stuff through the internet. I prefer to use sites such as Ebay and Craigslist because of their large number of users. I have just recently purchased a new digital camera online and decided to sell our old one. Nothing was wrong with the camera, I just decided to upgrade. It was one of the first generation Sony digital cameras, about 4 years old, but still worked great.

After listing the camera online, I was able to find multiple buyers that created a competitive bidding situation. After my auction timeline ended, I was able to sell the camera at a price of $86 plus shipping.

These sites also offer great savings opportunities for any holiday shopping that you need to do. I will deposit my auction proceeds in my personal savings account generated by this blog.

Author disclosure: I do not own any shares of Ebay.

1 comment:

QUALITY STOCKS UNDER FIVE DOLLARS said...

Its amazing how many things you have to choose from when shopping online.